The Spire

St Cuthbert's original from Hodgson
DSCF0604

St Cuthbert's church was originally built as a four bay aisless nave with lancets and a narrow square tower.

The Chapel was extended  in 1900 by Colonel Edward Joicey in memory of his father, also Edward. The Nave was restored , the Chancel built and the tall slender spire added.

In recent years the oak shingles of the spire have been replaced, allowing some magnificent views from the scaffolding.

© Holy Cross Church Haltwhistle 2013